Welcome to our Ruuvi getting started, regulatory safety information, and certification page. Read these instructions carefully before starting the use of products.
Please be noted that due to Apple's Bluetooth scanning restrictions, iPhone and iPad devices are not capable to scan nearby Bluetooth broadcast messages when the app is not on foreground. Latest version of RuuviTag's firmware is able to connect with the mobile app instead of just sending broadcast messages. With this method Ruuvi Station iOS app can be connected with a sensor (or sensors) in the background and this way launch alerts. Please note that the RuuviTag power consumption will be higher in connectable mode than only broadcasting mode.
Follow these easy steps to start using the RuuviTag® wireless sensor.
- Remove the plastic resist and the device powers on automatically.
- Download free Ruuvi Station mobile application from PlayStore (Android) or AppStore (iOS) and follow the on-screen tutorial.
- All set, now you can start using your RuuviTag® wireless sensors. Find interesting use cases what to measure here.
Regulatory Safety Information and Warnings
- Keep device and batteries away from children (0-10 years) and pets. Risk of suffocation.
- This product is not a toy or edible.
- Contains a lithium battery which can cause serious injury or death. Swallowing may lead to serious injury or death in as little as 2 hours, due to chemical burns and possible perforation of the esophagus.
- If swallowed seek immediate help and contact immediately to local emergency center for more instructions.
- Don't use if enclosure cannot be closed properly
- Do not expose to extreme hot or cold temperatures or fire. Products are designed to work from -40°C to +85°C temperature range with the special Ruuvi battery. Default battery recommended temperature range is -20°C to +70°C.
- Don't leave device in direct contact with water.
- Risk of fire or burns
- Recycle used cell/button batteries promptly and safely. Tape button cell contacts before taking to recycle center.
Enviromental Considerations and European Union Disposal Information
Like majority of electronic devices, Ruuvi® products may contain hazardous substances that could impact health and environment when misused. Ruuvi® products are 99% recyclable.
According to local laws and regulations your product and/or it's battery shall be disposed of separately from the household waste. When this product reaches its end of life, take it to a local electronics recycling point and remove battery from the device. Battery can be recycled separately. For more information on the recycling, please contact your local or regional authorities.
The warranty period for the Product or any part of the Product is twelve (12) months after the date of shipment. This warranty does not cover any collateral damage. Any misuse, abuse, incorrect use, or other inappropriate use of this product is not covered under the warranty.
Additional Legal Rights for Consumers: For Buyer, who is covered by consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of purchase or, if different, their country of residence, the benefits conferred by Seller’s WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS are in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed by such consumer protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to these additional rights.
- Throughout the warranty period set forth below, Seller warrants that, to the best of its knowledge, the Product is free from defects caused by faulty design, materials or workmanship, which would prevent the electrical or mechanical functioning of the Product.
- The warranty period for the Product or any part of the Product is twelve (12) months after the date of shipment.
- The warranty period for replaced or repaired parts is six (6) months from the date of repair or replacement.
- Excluded from the warranty are those parts of the Product
- to which repair or replacement becomes necessary due to normal wear and tear;
- which are exhaustible items, including but not limited to such items as batteries
- on which repairs, alterations, or adjustments have been performed on begun by Buyer or any third party without Seller's previous consent.
- whose failures are not promptly reported to Seller within the warranty period above;
- whose failures or damage are due to negligence other than that of Seller, accident, abuse, improper installation (other than installations made by Seller), improper operation, or abnormal conditions of temperature, moisture, dirt or corrosive matter, encapsulation; or
- which have been damaged otherwise without the fault of Seller.
- sensors and it’s accuracy; typical maximum accuracy tolerances reported by sensor component manufacturers are not always met and small percentage of the parts can have bigger variation in their maximum tolerances. Seller has no liability regarding sensor accuracy.
- Examples of cases where warranty is void:
- Products are used or stored improperly, i.e. what could reasonably be expected of an electrical device.
- Water or humidity damage caused i.e. humidity condensation or any other similar cause.
- Intentional, accidental, or negligent damage.
- Physical damage or misuse, i.e. twisting, bending, wrenching, cutting or similar.
- Damage caused by force majore (such as bad weather) or electrical disturbance (such as a power surge).
- Firmware modifications or update error excluding firmware developed or approved by Seller.
- Casing, electronics, hardware, or any other physical modifications.
- Component tampering, i.e. displacing, or modifying connectors or other fixed components.
- If any serial number or certification marking has been removed or defaced.
- Exposure to hazardous radiation or caustic chemicals.
- Seller has the right to determine, in good faith and at Seller’s sole discretion, if the production fault caused the malfunction or it occurred due to one of the aforementioned reasons.
- See the full warranty document here.
You may find all relevant certifications and Manufacturer's Declaration of European Conformity (CE) here https://github.com/ruuvi/certifications.