RuuviTags are shipped by default with software version 3.30.4.
RuuviTags with old firmware version: To access new RuuviTag features such as local history logging and alerts on iOS, Ruuvi software version 3 is required.
Before updating, you can check your current software version with an NFC enabled phone. To read your current software version, place phone’s NFC antenna on top of RuuviTag. Note that some phones might need a 3rd party NFC application to be able to read software version.
Features, firmware 3.30.x
– 10 days internal history logging (one measurement every 5 min)
– Broadcasting interval 1,29s (measurement interval interval 2,57s)
– Connectable mode (required by Ruuvi Station alerts feature on iOS)
– Theoretical battery lifetime ~3 years
– New firmware version has only one broadcasting mode. It’s not possible to switch between fast and slow broadcasting mode using the button on the PCB.
Beta version of long lifetime version is available (history data synchronization is not working and there can be other bugs ):
RuuviTag Long lifetime beta version 3.31.2 RC1
Official firmware version with slow broadcasting interval will be released later.