RuuviTags are shipped by default with software version 3.30.4.
RuuviTags with old firmware version: To access new RuuviTag features such as local history logging and alerts on iOS, Ruuvi software version 3 is required.
Before updating, you can check your current software version with an NFC enabled phone. To read your current software version, place phone’s NFC antenna on top of RuuviTag. Note that some phones might need a 3rd party NFC application to be able to read software version.
Features, firmware 3.30.x
– 10 days internal history logging (one measurement every 5 min)
– Broadcasting interval 1,29s (measurement interval interval 2,57s)
– Connectable mode (required by Ruuvi Station alerts feature on iOS)
– Theoretical battery lifetime ~3 years, actual 12-24 months
– New firmware version has only one broadcasting mode. It’s not possible to switch between fast and slow broadcasting mode using the button on the PCB.
Long battery lifetime firmware to RuuviTag (beta version, used since 12/2021)
– Broadcasting interval ~10s (measurement interval interval 60s)
– History data synchronization is not possible
– Theoretical battery lifetime ~10 years, actual 36-60 months
RuuviTag Long lifetime beta version 3.31.2 RC1
Update must be done using nRF Connect software. Official firmware version of long lifetime version will be released later.